Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Painting From Life in Oaxaca

I've started a process of creating paintings from life in Oaxaca, Mexico. My intent is to capture the rich and glorious urban scene of Oaxaca, with some emphasis on the fact that this is quite a poor town, as well as a splendid Mexican baroque city.


Here is the first one, entitled Calle Carranza Old & New. It's a 9" x 12" acrylic painting.

I'll be selling all the work I post here. This painting is available for $175.00 U.S.

Interested parties can contact me via email, or call me at 503-213-3671. Payment is via paypal, I'll simply send a paypal invoice via email, and will ship upon payment. (Alternatively, I can accept checks at my official U.S. based address.)

The price includes 2 day shipping and insurance via DHL.

I'll continue to post as I paint!

6 comments:

  1. This is a great project, please keep doing this. You're off to a good start. The configuration of the bricks looks like a dog to me. Was that on purpose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comment. As for the dog image, I was walking around Oaxaca Centro looking for a place to stop and paint. I saw the wall on Carranza right by Tinoco y Palazo and stopped to paint. I will admit to enhancing the dog shape just a bit!

      Delete
  2. Hey Big Res! So you've gone Van Gogh on us, eh? Just remember, he who cuts off his ear shall not be able to wear glasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I can always go Frankenstein and use staples to attach them to my forehead.

      Delete